Skip to Training Methods
Internet Marketing combines the creative and technical aspects of the Internet with design, development, advertising, and marketing part of a business. It consists of search engine marketing, display advertising, email marketing, affiliate marketing, interactive advertising, viral marketing, social media advertising, mobile advertising, etc.
The aim of this course is to make students learn about the alternative marketing choices to be considered in planning a marketing program that may involve the Internet. The Internet can play many important roles within a traditional marketing effort and it can also serve as the foundation of a firm’s marketing effort. Although the Internet is increasingly prominent in successful marketing programs, recent developments have shown that it is not an easy ticket to success. Marketing and ecommerce professionals today need a good understanding of which marketing objectives can be achieved using electronic tools and which objectives are best approached by the traditional means. Marketing is about anticipating and satisfying the buyers’ needs.
- Module 1
- Module 2
- Module 3
- Module 4
- Module 5
- Module 6
- Module 7
- Module 8
- Module 9
- Module 10
- Module 11
- Module 12
- Module 13
- Module 14
& Internet Marketing
- Discuss e-business and e-commerce
- Discuss evolution of e-commerce
- Explain retail e-commerce growth rates
- Discuss e-commerce classification
- Discuss introduction to internet marketing
- Explain skills required for a successful marketer
- Explain why to use internet for marketing
- Explain the benefits of internet marketing
- Explain the stages of internet marketing planning
- Discuss internet marketing techniques
- Discuss the limitations of internet marketing
- Explain the guidelines for a successful internet marketing
- Explain e-business models
- Describe the impact of internet on businesses
- Discuss SBM’s most important digital marketing objectives
- Explain most important B2B digital marketing activities
- Discuss the overview of policies and legal requirements for e-commerce and internet marketing
- Explain 18 U.S.C. § 2252a
- Discuss U.S. Communications Decency Act (CDA)
- Discuss the Lanham (trademark) act (15 USC §§ 1051 - 1127)
- Explain Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
- Explain European union directive on privacy and electronic communications regulations (2003)
- Discuss C.O.P.A - Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998
- Discuss FTC act, 15 U.S.C. § 45 (n)
- Explain the Gramm-Leach-Bliley act
- Discuss U.S. Securely Protect Yourself against Internet Trespass act (SPY act)
- Discuss Canada: the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Discuss Argentina: Personal Data Protection Act
- Discuss Norway: The Marketing Control Act
- Explain the U.S. CAN-SPAM act and laws against e-mail spam
- Explain the Minnesota law against e-mail spam
- Discuss Australia: Spam Act 2003
- Discuss the introduction to e-commerce websites
- Explain the considerations before setting up an e-commerce website
- Explain the key elements of a good e-commerce site
- Discuss steps to create an e-commerce website
- Discuss how to plan your website
- Discuss how to select and buy an e-commerce template
- Explain the list of top ecommerce solutions
- Discuss how to select the right domain name
- Define the domain name registrars
- Discuss how to select a web hosting company
- Discuss the process involved in developing a website
- Discuss web usability
- Discuss web accessibility
- Discuss navigation schemes
- Discuss landing pages and how to create them
- The best practices while creating a landing page
- How to develop website content
- Discuss importance of web content
- Explain web content writing
- Explain content engineering
- Guidelines for creating effective web content
- Explain Information architecture
- Explain Components of information architecture
- Explain Content Management System (CMS)
- Explain E-Commerce CMS
- Explain How to secure a website
- Discuss How to integrate online payment processing systems
- Discuss Electronic payment systems & Concepts
- Explain working of payment gateway
- Discuss Various online payment services
- Discuss the list of online payment systems
- Explain how to add paypal to a website
- Discuss how to test a website
- Discuss the tools to test website
- Explain A/B testing & why is it important
- Discuss how to promote a website
- Explain what search engines are
- Discuss the classification of search engines
- Explain search engine market share
- Explain how search engines work
- Explains what is SEO
- Explain the evolution of SEO
- Explain why search engine optimization is important
- Explain the SEO process
- Explain Google Universal Search and SEO
- Discuss various SEO tools
- Discuss controversial SEO practices
- Explain how to incorporate SEO in the website design process
- Explain leverage local SEO with Google Places/listings
- Discuss how to generate SEO friendly URLs using URL rewriting
- Define submission & linking tools
- Explain maintenance and reporting tools
- Define pagerank
- Explain how search engines rank pages
- Explain search engine indexing
- Explain the sample process
- Discuss how to define objectives and goals
- Discuss how to research and analyze using various keyword suggestion tools
- Discuss how to tune web pages - incorporate keywords into relevant content
- Explain how to develop site structure, navigation and site map
- Discuss how to report, analyze and maintain
- Defines Trustrank
- Explain web content syndication
- Discuss online reputation management
- Explain domain authority
- Describe sandbox effect
- Explain how to analyze website traffic
- Explain various factors that influence website traffic
- Explain the advantages of buying website traffic
- Explain how to make money from website traffic
- Explain Search Engine Advertising (SEA)
- Discuss Search Engine Advertising
- Explain how SEA differs from SEO
- Explain why search engine advertising is important
- Explain the objectives of search engine advertising
- Explain advertising with SEM programs
- Discuss how to target the right customer
- Explain interactive ad formats
- Explain the types of paid search advertising
- Discuss PPC advertising campaigns
- Discuss bid management
- Discuss content promotion
- Explain search engine advertising
- Explain why selecting proper landing page is so important for effective search engine advertising
- Explains landing page optimization (LPO)
- Explains what makes a good landing page
- Explain search retargeting
- Explain advertising on Google
- Discuss the best practices for advertising on Google
- Discuss various types of Google ads
- Explain how AdWords work
- Explain Google AdWords editorial guidelines
- Define the benefits of using AdWords
- Discuss things to be avoided in an AdWords campaign
- Explain setting up an effective Google AdWords campaign
- Discuss various campaign types and ad formats
- Discuss Dynamic Keyword Insertion (DKI)
- Discuss AdWords ad policies
- Explain AdWords targeting
- Discuss performance monitoring and conversion tracking
- Explain Google AdSense
- Explain Google AdSense ad formats
- Discuss the features of Google AdSense
- Explain Google AdSense approval process
- Explain Google AdSense secrets, tips and tricks
- Discuss tips for getting more relevant ads in AdSense
- Explain how to make money with Google AdSense
- Explain Yahoo! Search Marketing
- Explain how to set up sponsored search account
- Explain local listings
- Explain search submit
- Explain how Search Submit Basic works
- Explain how Search Submit Pro works
- Discuss Directory Submit
- Explain advertising on Ask.com
- Explains Microsoft adCenter works (Bing ads)
- Discusses how to get started with Microsoft adCenter
- Explains the Microsoft adCenter API
- Discusses Microsoft adCenter labs
- Explains editorial guidelines
- Discusses click quality
- Discusses Microsoft adCenter targeting
- Discusses Microsoft adCenter tracking performance
- Discusses Microsoft adCenter budgeting and billing
- Explain introduction to web analytics
- Discuss importance of web analytics
- Explain limitations of web analytics
- Discuss user data
- Explain various types of web analytics
- Explain data collection methods
- Discuss web analytics process
- Explain web analytics vendors
- Explain web analytics tools
- Discuss what is Google analytics
- Explain why Google analytics is important
- Discuss framework of Google analytics
- Explain statistical analysis with Google analytics
- Describe demographic analysis
- Discuss behavior analysis
- Explain technology analysis
- Explain traffic sources overview
- Explain traffic sources analysis
- Explain digital analytics association
- Discuss the best practices for web analytics
- Define an advertising campaign
- Discuss online advertising
- Explain various types of online advertising
- Discuss advertising on websites (affiliate marketing)
- Discuss advertising on blogs
- Explain various advertising programs for blogs
- Explain advertising on Ezine
- Explain advertising on social networks
- Discuss advertising on search engines
- Explain popular PPC advertising networks
- Discuss the things to be considered before opting for advertising campaigns
- Explains key elements of advertising campaign
- Discusses common mistakes in ad campaigns
- Explains steps in planning an ad campaign
- Discuss email marketing
- Explain strengths and limitations of email marketing
- Discuss biggest challenges in email marketing
- Explain types of email marketing
- Discuss email campaign management
- Explain steps in email campaign management
- Discuss campaign briefing and success criteria
- Discuss how to select an email marketing software
- Discuss how to build an email list
- Explain creating an opt-in form using vertical response
- Explain building email lists: opt-out /unsubscribe
- Explain creating an opt-out form using vertical response
- Explain creating a new email list: vertical response
- Discuss how to create an effective sign-up process
- Explain segregating mail lists
- Discuss legal issues involved in building email lists
- Discuss CAN-SPAM Act
- Explain how to avoid spam filters
- Discuss email template design
- Explain methods used in email testing
- Discuss key elements of email testing
- Define Auto-responders
- Explain campaign performance analysis
- Explain how reply mechanism increases deliverability of email
- Explain email dashboard template
- Discuss the challenges in email marketing
- Discuss common mistakes in email marketing
- Discuss the best practices for email marketing
- Discuss advantages of mobile advertising
- Explain mobile advertising ecosystem
- Discuss mobile advertising buying patterns
- Explain Real-Time Bidding (RTB)
- Describe mobile advertising campaign approaches
- Explain mobile advertising metrics
- Discusse steps for creating a mobile campaign
- Explain strategies for successful mobile campaign
- Discuss Short Message Service (SMS) marketing
- Discuss Multimedia Messaging Services (MMS)
- Discuss the mobile web
- Explain importance of mobile-optimized websites
- Discuss mobile web advertising
- Explain the difference between mobile ads and web ads
- Discuss Google mobile advertising
- Discuss how to develop mobile sites
- Explain how mobile web pages are different from regular web pages
- Discuss mobile search marketing
- Explain mobile SEO process
- Discuss the factors that determine successful mobile search marketing
- Discuss mobile social networking
- Discuss various mobile applications
- Discuss mobile app advertising opportunities
- Explain mobile application ad considerations
- Discuss proximity marketing
- Define Quick-Response (QR) codes
- Define mobile TV advertising
- Define location-based marketing
- Explain emerging trends of mobile marketing
- Discuss the mobile future – 4G, smartphones, mobile payment
- Discuss the code of conduct
- Explains types of online marketing
- Discusses how to plan for your social media ads
- Explains Facebook marketing
- Discusses building a presence on Facebook
- Discusses Facebook marketing
- Discusses setting up your Facebook page for business
- Explains how to build your audience
- Discusses about marketing your page
- Explains planning Facebook marketing
- Explains Facebook marketing tactics
- Explains how to promote Facebook page
- Discusses Facebook groups for Facebook marketing
- Explains how to promote your Facebook group
- Discusses advantages of Facebook marketing
- Discusses the best practices for effective Facebook marketing
- Explains potential pitfalls on effective Facebook marketing
- Discusses twitter concepts
- Explains twitter marketing steps
- Discusses twitter marketing best practices
- Explains various steps involved in LinkedIn marketing
- Discusses percentage of internet users watching product videos on social networks
- Defines video advertising
- Explains types of video ads
- Discusses steps for creating video ad campaign
- Defines YouTube analytics
- Explains YouTube analytics reports
- Discusses common metrics used in online video advertising
- Discusses how to track ads
- Define affiliate marketing
- Explain affiliate marketing process
- Discuss the advantages of affiliate marketing
- Explain limitations of affiliate marketing
- Discuss the changes seen in affiliate marketing
- Discuss the secrets of affiliate marketing
- Explain SWOT analysis of affiliate marketing
- Explain the key players in affiliate marketing
- Define affiliates
- Define the role of affiliate merchant
- Explain the example of an affiliate website
- Define affiliate networks
- Explain how to advertise with affiliate network
- Explain designing an affiliate marketing system
- Explain how to earn money through affiliate marketing
- Discuss guidelines to raise affiliate commission
- Explain pricing and payment models
- Explain how to join Amazon Associates program
- Explain exchange of ads between business owners
- Explain setting objectives
- Explain how to create a budget
- Discuss how to recruit affiliates
- Explain how to create an affiliate friendly site
- Explain how to build an affiliate program
- Explain how to evaluate an affiliate program
- Explain how to track affiliate programs
- Explain how to evaluate network providers
- Explain how to protect your brand
- Discuss how to generating sales
- Explain how to increase traffic
- Explain the advanced methods in affiliate market
- Discuss the strategies for affiliate marketing
- Discuss affiliate marketing and banner ads
- Discuss the best practices for affiliate marketing
- Discuss various types of blogs
- Explain the key characteristics of a good blog
- Explain blogging for merchants
- Explain blog advertising
- Explain how to select a publisher
- Explain different types of pricing models for ads
- Discuss how to join an affiliate network
- Discuss common blogging platforms
- Explain how to create a WordPress blog
- Explain how to post ads in a blog
- Explain content writing and outsourcing for blogs
- Explain considerations for outsourcing content
- Explain how to earn money by selling ad space
- Discuss publisher pricing
- Discuss the best practices for blogging
- Explain blog marketing strategies
- Explain podcasting
- Discuss the benefits of podcasting
- Explain media devices used for podcasting
- Discuss the podcasting process
- Explain association for downloadable media
- Discuss various tools required to create, stream, archive and promote your podcasts
- Discuss various tips for promoting your podcast
- Discuss the best practices for podcast advertising
Convert Them Into Business
- Discuss how to generate leads and convert them to the business
- Define conversion rate
- Explain the factors affecting online conversion rate
- Discuss the tactics for converting visitors into customers
- Explain tips to optimize website and convert visitors into customers
- Explain the strategies for converting visitors into customers
- Explain what is lead generation
- Explain various ways to generate leads
- Explain what is lead funnel
- Discuss adopting correct marketing strategy for lead funnel
- Discuss how to nurture leads
- Discuss how to convert leads into sales
- Explain the lead nurturing strategies to convert leads into sales
- Explain how to convert dead leads
- Discuss A/B testing & why is it important
- Discuss Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Explain impact of e-commerce on SCM
- Discuss CRM for e-commerce
- Explain why CRM is useful for online business
- Describe the benefits of CRM to business
- Explain how to implement CRM
- Explain how to maintain customer relationships
- Discuss importance of maintaining customers
- Describe the challenges in maintaining customers
- Describe various customer types
- Explains the steps to improve CRM
- Middle and senior-level managers from marketing, e-commerce, sales and operations, strategic planning, and general management
- Senior technology and information managers who support marketing, e-business programs, Product, brand, e-marketing, and advertising managers
- Finance managers responsible for customer profitability measurements and analysis Sales and service managers
After successfully completing this internet marketing course, the student will be able to:
- Provide the guidance to develop an effective e-commerce website
- Identify various strategies to improve search-engine rankings
- Understand and implement an effective online payment system as per the business requirements
- Develop and implement various types of advertising campaigns
- Design and implement Internet and email marketing campaigns
- Exploit the reach of social media and social networks for internet marketing campaigns
- Identify the success factors of Mobile Advertising Value Chain and provide guidelines for successful mobile advertising
- Understand the web analytics and use the results for business decision making
- Attend Official Training
If a candidate attends an official instructor-led training (ILT), computer-based training (CBT), online live training, or academic learning, candidate is eligible to attempt the relevant EC-Council exam.
- Attempt Exam Without Official Training
In order to be considered for the EC-Council certification exam without attending official training, candidate must:
- Have at least two years of digital marketing related experience or educational background that reflects specialization in digital marketing (bachelor degree or above).
- Remit a non-refundable eligibility application fee of USD 100.00
- Submit a completed Exam Eligibility Application Form.
- Purchase an official exam voucher DIRECTLY from EC-Council through www.eccouncil.org/store.aspx
- Applicant will need to go to https://cert.eccouncil.org/Exam-Eligibility-Form.html to fill in an online request for the Eligibility Application Form.
- Applicant will receive an electronic Exam Eligibility Application Form and the applicant will need to complete the information required on the form.
- Waiting time for processing of eligibility application is approximately 2 weeks. Should the applicant not hear from us after 2 weeks, the applicant can contact: email@example.com
- EC-Council will contact applicant’s Boss/ Supervisor/ Department head, who have agreed to act as applicant’s verifier in the application form, for authentication purposes.
- For verification of Educational Background EC-Council requires a written letter in physical or electronic format confirming the certification(s) earned by the candidate.
- If application is approved, applicant will be required to purchase a voucher from EC-Council DIRECTLY. EC-Council will then send the candidate the eligibility code and the voucher code which candidate can use to register and schedule the test at any Authorized Prometric or VUE Testing Center globally. Please note that Prometric and VUE Registration will not entertain any requests without the eligibility code.
- The Approved application stands valid for 3 months from the date of Approval, the candidate needs to test 3 months from date of Approval.
- An extension request will require the Approval of Certdirector.
- If application is not approved, the application fee of USD 100 will not be refunded.
Important Note: Successful applicant will be required to purchase an exam voucher DIRECTLY from EC-Council through the webstore at www.eccouncil.org/store.aspx before the eligibility code is released to the applicant.
Candidates whose eligibility code does not match the details in the eligibility application and that bears a different voucher code than which was provided will not be certified.
EC-Council reserves the right to revoke the certification status of candidates who attempt this exam without a valid eligibility voucher number.
- Credit Towards Certification: Certified Internet Marketing Practitioner (CIMP)
- Certification Code: 212-51
- Number of Questions: 100
- Passing Score: 70%
- Test Duration: 4 Hours
- Test Format: Multiple Choice
- Test Delivery: ECC Exam Portal
A. EC-Council recommends that CIMP aspirants attend formal classroom training to reap maximum benefit of the internet marketing training course and have a greater chance at clearing the examinations.
What are the pre-requisites for taking a CIMP exam?
A. If you attend CIMP training (online, instructor-led, computer-based, or academia learning), you are eligible to attempt the CIMP examination. If you opt for self study, you must complete the eligibility form and email it to EC-Council to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. Once approved, you will be provided with a eligibility code that will allow you to register with an EC-Council Test Center.
What are the eligibility criteria for self-study students?
A. It is mandatory for you to record two years of digital marketing work experience and get the same endorsed by your employer.
Where do I purchase the prepaid examination vouchers?
A. You can purchase the vouchers directly from EC-Council through its website at www.eccouncil.org. Please ensure you have received your eligibility code before buying your voucher.
I have just completed the training. Can I defer taking a test to a later date?
A. Yes, you can - subject to the expiry date of your exam voucher. Ensure that you obtain a certificate of attendance upon completion of the training. You may contact your testing center at a later date and schedule the exam.
Do I have to recertify?
A. You will need to earn EC-Council Continuing Education Credits (ECE) to maintain the certification. Go to http://www.eccouncil.org/Certification/ec-council-continuing-education-ece for more information. If you require any assistance on this, please contact email@example.com.
Why are there different versions for the exam?
A. EC-Council certifications are under continuous development. We incorporate new techniques and technology as they are made available and are deemed necessary to meet the exam objectives, as students are tested on concepts, techniques and technology.
How many times can I attempt the examination in case I do not pass in the first attempt?
A. There are no restrictions on the number of times you can attempt the examination, as long as you are able to contact the test center and schedule your exam in advance. There is no waiting period between attempts. To request for another eligibility voucher or to re-sit the exam at Prometric APTC, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your details. You do not need to go through the eligibility application process again.
When will I get my certificate once I pass the certification examination?
A. You will receive your welcome kit within eight week’s time upon passing the exam.
How many questions are there in the exam and what is the time duration?
A. The examination consists of 100 questions. The duration of the exam is four hours.
How much should I score to clear the exam?
A. You need to score at least 70% to clear the exam.
What kind of questions can I expect in the exam? Do you have any exam pointers?
A. the examination tests you on internet marketing related concepts, techniques and technology. Please refer to the CIMP Test Blueprint to find out the competencies that you would be tested on.
Can I review my answers?
A. You can mark your questions and review your answers before you end the test.
Which body certifies the Institute of iBusiness programs?
A. IIB programs are internationally certified by EC-Council, a world leading ANSI-accredited certification body. To date EC-Council has certified more than 90,000 professionals, with many working for the US Department of Defence, FBI, NATO and Fortune 100 companies.EC-Council certifications are international programs that have been adopted in more than 100 countries across the globe. It has been accredited to meet the ANSI/IEC/ISO 17024 standard, and its courses have been accredited by the US NSA to meet its highest CNSS standards.
How long is IIB certifications valid for ?
A. IIB certifications are valid for 3 years from the date of award. To renew your certification for another three years, you need to pay USD 50 annual maintenance fee, and earn a minimum of 120 continuing education credits within the 3 years time-frame. Please click HERE to read more.
How can I access Online Training Videos? Will it be available for me somewhere online to download?
A. Videos are streamed online and cannot be downloaded. You will be given 1 year access to the videos, and a lab DVD that includes all of the tools that you need for practice.
Will I be given Printed material with iClass?
A. The iClass package does not come with printed material (apart from the DVD tool that includes whitepapers), but you may always upgrade your package to include printed courseware.
How difficult is the CIMP exam? How many people clear the exam?
A. It depends on the level of preparation that you have undertaken before attempting the exam. We highly recommend that you complete thoroughly the CIMP official curriculum by attending our classroom/online training before attempting the exam. 60% of people taking the exam clear it with adequate amount of preparation.
Does doing CIMP or CDM, guarantee a Job or be appreciated by MNCs?
A. There is no industrial certification that guarantees a job for its certified member. However, it does boost your chance of being employed. There is no other digital marketing certification that offers the comprehensive coverage of domains like CIMP does. Therefore, the chances that potential employers consider you, is much higher. We have professionals from the likes of Accenture, IBM , HSBC etc who are certified from IIB.
What is the difference between the CIMP and CDM?
A. Certified Internet Marketing Practitioner (CIMP) is a marketing professional who applies various promotional tools and techniques for marketing that support business objectives to reach customers via digital technologies. This includes but not limited to, building ecommerce websites, search engine optimization and marketing, social media, video marketing, blog marketing, mobile marketing, affiliate marketing etc…
A Certified Digital Marker (CDM) is an experienced marketing manager who has advanced hands-on skills in search engine optimization, web analytics, content marketing, mobile marketing and social media. CDM is designed for marketers involved in the operational aspects of managing and executing digital or multichannel marketing campaigns.
Candidates who have less than 3 years of digital marketing experience should apply for CIMP, whereas candidates who have a minimum of 3 years of digital marketing experience may apply for CDM. Alternatively, a CIMP who has attained at least one year of digital marketing experience after attaining his/her CIMP certification, may apply for the CDM certification.
Currently, only CIMP certified training is available online through EC-Council iClass and across IIB’s Authorized iBusiness Partners (AIPs). CDM certified training would be available in 2015. However, grandfathering for experienced digital marketing practitioners is currently available. Click HERE for more details.
Now that you've had a chance to see why Certified Internet Marketing Professional (CIMP) is the right choice, take a look at the many ways that you can get training!
Live, Online, Instructor-led
Coursware Only (Self-Study)
- Official Courseware
- Certification Exam Voucher
EC-Council can bring a turn-key training solution to your location. Call for a quote.
- Official Courseware
- Certification Exam Voucher
- Test Pass Guarantee
We recognize that some folks have the background and experience to forgo training, so official courseware is available for self-study.
iLearn Self-Paced Online Security Training
iLearn is EC Council's facilitated self-paced option. Facilitated in that all of the same modules taught in the live course are recorded and presented in a streaming video format. Self-paced in that a certification candidate can set their own learning pace by pausing the lectures and returning to their studies as their schedule permits!
The CIMP iLearn package includes: One Year Access to the official e-courseware, Certification Voucher & expert instructor-led training modules with streaming video presentations, for an all-inclusive training program that provides the benefits of classroom training at your own pace.
Microsoft Surface 2 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Note
Lectures on DVD
Cellular up to 4G LTE*
register & pay online!