In this course you will learn the core skills to build a solid security foundation. You will examine in detail the traffic that traverses the network at the packet and binary level. You will build solid knowledge on the lowest layers of the network. In the course you will conduct extensive hands-on exercises. You will learn to master the TCP/IP protocol. You will learn essential UNIX and Linux survival skills that separate you from the many security professionals who are Windows centric..
Additionally, you will be introduced to vulnerability assessment and the hacking methodology. When you finish this course you will have a solid security foundation to pursue more advanced security training. For many, when you take a class like the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) you have not established the foundation that is needed to get the most from the course, this is where the Core Concepts course comes in, it is the bridge between a beginning level security course and CEH; furthermore, it focus on the main concepts required to build a foundation in security.
By taking this course you will learn the foundations of security to include in-depth knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol.
- You will learn how to analyze packets for irregularities
- You will learn how to detect signs of crafted packets
- You will learn advanced protocol analysis techniques
- You will perform low-level protocol analysis
- You will leans functional skills in Unix and Linux
- You will learn virtualization and how to build your own virtual labs
- You will learn the fundamentals of vulnerability assessment and the hacking methodology