Instructor-Led Courses (online, in-person)
EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (ECIH) – Albuquerque, NM
May 29 @ 8:00 am - May 31 @ 5:00 pm MDT
The ECIH program focuses on a structured approach for performing the incident handling and response (IH&R) process. The IH&R process includes stages like incident handling and response preparation, incident validation and prioritization, incident escalation and notification, forensic evidence gathering and analysis, incident containment, systems recovery, and incident eradication. This systematic incident handling and response process creates awareness among incident responders in knowing how to respond to various types of security incidents.
Cybersecurity Professionals interested in pursuing incident handling and response as a career require comprehensive training on the IH&R concepts as well as real-world scenarios. The ECIH program includes hands-on learning delivered through iLabs, online labs within the training program.
Meet your Instructor:
Why ECIH?EC-Council’s Certified Incident Handler provides students with a method-driven program that uses a holistic approach to cover vast concepts concerning organizational incident handling and response from preparing and planning the incident handling response process to recovering organizational assets after a security incident. The skills taught in EC-Council’s ECIH program are desired by cybersecurity professionals from around the world and is respected by employers.
The Purpose of ECIH is
- To enable individuals and organizations with the ability to handle and respond to different types of cybersecurity incidents in a systematic way.
- To ensure that organization can identify, contain, and recover from an attack.
- To reinstate regular operations of the organization as early as possible and mitigate the negative impact on the business operations.
- To be able to draft security policies with efficacy and ensure that the quality of services is maintained at the agreed levels.
- To minimize the loss and after-effects breach of the incident.
- For individuals: To enhance skills on incident handling and boost their employability.
Who is it for?The incident handling skills taught in ECIH are complementary to the job roles below as well as many other cybersecurity jobs:
- Penetration Testers
- Vulnerability Assessment Auditors
- Risk Assessment Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Application Security Engineers
- Cyber Forensic Investigators/ Analyst and SOC Analyst
- System Administrators/Engineers
- Firewall Administrators and Network Managers/IT Managers
ECIH members are ambitious security professionals who work in Fortune 500 organizations globally.
- Module 01: Introduction to Incident Handling and Response
- Module 02: Incident Handling and Response Process
- Module 03: Forensic Readiness and First Response
- Module 04: Handling and Responding to Malware Incidents
- Module 05: Handling and Responding to Email Security Incidents
- Module 06: Handling and Responding to Network Security Incidents
- Module 07: Handling and Responding to Web Application Security Incidents
- Module 08: Handling and Responding to Cloud Security Incidents
- Module 09: Handling and Responding to Insider Threats
After studying at New Mexico Tech in the mid 90s, Kevin came into the tech world as a technical instructor for New Horizons Computer Learning Centers. Throughout his illustrious teaching career, Kevin has taught thousands of students in universities as well as major corporations through Instructor-led in-person and live, online delivery. He has held many certifications including CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Data Center, CCSI, MCT, MCSE, MCSE Private Cloud, MCSA. He has completed projects with companies from Baxter Healthcare and Charles Schwab to small Internet Startups and small businesses.
Since joining EC-Council in the Spring of 2017 Kevin has become a Certified EC-Council Instructor (CEI) and has earned his certifications in the Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH), Certified Network Defender (CND), EC-Council Certified Security Analyst courses and has delivered dozens of these courses including EC-Council’s Mobile Security Tool Kit workshops at a plethora of third-party cons.
if you are interested but still have questions, click Contact Us.