Certified Application Security Engineer (CASE JAVA)
The CASE credential tests the critical security skills and knowledge required throughout a typical software development life cycle (SDLC), focusing on the importance of the implementation of secure methodologies and practices in today’s insecure operating environment.
The CASE certified training program is developed concurrently to prepare software professionals with the necessary capabilities that are expected by employers and academia globally.It is designed to be a hands-on, comprehensive application security course that will help software professionals create secure applications.
The training program encompasses security activities involved in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC): planning, creating, testing, and deploying an application.
Unlike other application security trainings, CASE goes beyond just the guidelines on secure coding practices and includes secure requirement gathering, robust application design, and handling security issues in post development phases of application development.
About CASE JAVA
About the Instructor
About the Course
Java is the premier platform independent programming language. Java programs can run on Windows, Linux, or Macintosh. Beyond that, Java is the programming language for Java apps. These facts make Java an important programming language. Secure Java programming is becoming increasingly important. Particularly with Java being the language of Android apps. CASE Java will give you the skills you need to write secure Java applications.
Duration: Total Training: 24 hours or 3 full-day sessions
Course Material: All attendees will receive their personal copy of the CASE courseware, an EC-Council CASE exam voucher, and access to iLabs (EC-Council’s cloud driven labs environment).
Certification: The CASE exam can be challenged after attending the official CASE training. Candidates that successfully pass the exam will receive their CASE certificate and membership privileges. Members are expected to adhere to the policies of EC-Council’s Continuing Education Requirements.
Who is it For?
- Java Developers with a minimum of 2 years of experience and individuals who want to become application security engineers/analysts/testers
- Individuals involved in the role of developing, testing, managing, or protecting wide area of applications
- Understanding Application Security, Threats, and Attacks
- Security Requirements Gathering
- Secure Application Design and Architecture
- Secure Coding Practices for Input Validation
- Secure Coding Practices for Authentication and Authorization
- Secure Coding Practices for Cryptography
- Secure Coding Practices for Session Management
- Secure Coding Practices for Error Handling
- Static and Dynamic Application Security Testing (SAST & DAST)
- Secure Deployment and Maintenance
About the Exam
CASE allows application developers and testers to demonstrate their mastery of the knowledge and skills required to handle common application security vulnerabilities.
Number of Questions: 50
Required Passing Score: 70%
Test Duration: 2 Hours
Test Format: Multiple Choice
Test Delivery: EC-Council Exam Portal
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible to apply to sit for the CASE Exam, the candidate must either:
- Attend the official EC-Council CASE training through an accredited EC-Council Partner (Accredited Training Centre/ iWeek/ iLearn) (All candidates are required to pay the USD100 application fee unless your training fee already includes this) or
- Be an ECSP (.NET/ Java) member in good standing (you need not pay a duplicate application fee, as this fee has already been paid) or
- Have a minimum of 2 years working experience in InfoSec/ Software domain (you will need to pay USD 100 as a non-refundable application fee) or
- Have any other industry equivalent certifications such as GSSP .NET/Java (you will need to pay USD 100 as a non-refundable application fee)
Add the Mobile Security Tool Kit to Your Training
For the past several years we have offered our training on a mobile device so that you can take your training with you and eliminate the need to stream the videos. This device is the next generation mobile device. This is a fully loaded pen test tool kit comes equipped with a custom Linux Hacking OS and, wait for it… we can load your course (or 2) onto the device. In the sage words of Ray Bradbury, “Something Wicked This Way Comes.”
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz Mobile System with Case
- 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 7 inch Touch Screen Display
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 (maximum throughput 300 Mbps)
- Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- Full-size HDMI
- 4 USB 2.0 ports
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- 4-pole stereo output and composite video port
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data, with Hacker StormOS, Raspbian-based OS included.
- 5V/2.5A DC power input
- USB 2.0 A to B Micro Power Cable. [The Storm can be powered from a 5V micro-USB source, Power Supply not included with base package.]
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support (requires separate PoE HAT)
- Rollup Water Resistant Keyboard
- Field Case Organizer for all your gear