Ethical Hacking Essentials
Ethical Hacking Essentials is an introductory cybersecurity course that prepares students to begin their career in cybersecurity by teaching ethical hacking and penetration testing fundamentals. This course will introduce students to cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, and attack vectors such as web applications, wireless, mobile, IoT, network-level attacks, and countermeasures.
Students will learn what to expect in the field of ethical hacking and with 29 labs, this active learning course ensures that students receive the hands-on, practical experience to give them the skills necessary for a future in cybersecurity.
- Information Security Fundamentals
- Ethical Hacking Fundamentals
- Information Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Password Cracking Techniques and Countermeasures
- Social Engineering Techniques and Countermeasures
- Network Level Attacks and Countermeasures
- Web Application Attacks and Countermeasures
- Wireless Attacks and Countermeasures
- Mobile Attacks and Countermeasures
- IoT and OT Attacks and Countermeasures
- Cloud Computing Threats and Countermeasures
- Penetration Testing Fundamentals
Skills and Careers
- Help Desk Technician
- Technical Support Specialist
- Desktop Support Technician
- Cyber Crime Analyst
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Cybersecurity Technician
- Desktop Support
- Desktop Support Technician
- Network Administrator
- Incident & Intrusion Analyst
- IT Security Specialist
- Network Technical Specialist
- Cyber Forensic Specialist
- Intelligence Operations Specialist
- Cyber Operations Technician
Students who successfully complete this class
will be able to:
- Discuss the key issues plaguing the information security world and review various
information security laws and regulations.
- Comprehend Cyber Kill Chain Methodology, hacking and ethical hacking concepts,
hacker classes, different phases of a hacking cycle, and assess essential ethical hacking
- Examine various information security threats and vulnerabilities, identify different types
of malware and perform vulnerability assessments.
- Explain and use different password cracking, social engineering, insider threats, and
identity theft techniques, and discuss their countermeasures.
- Examine various network-level attacks, including sniffing, denial-of-service, and session
hijacking, and discuss their countermeasures.
- Examine various application-level attacks, including webserver exploitation, OWASP top10 attacks, and SQL injection, and discuss their countermeasures.
- Discuss different types of wireless encryption, examine wireless threats and attacks, and
- Describe various mobile platform attack vectors, mobile device management, mobile
security guidelines, and identify essential mobile security tools.
- Discuss IoT and OT concepts, examine various IoT and OT threats and attacks, and
- Describe various Cloud computing technologies, examine cloud computing threats and
attacks, and identify security techniques.
- Discuss fundamentals of penetration testing, its benefits, strategies, and phases, and
examine guidelines for penetration testing.
- Exam Length: 2 Hours
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice
- Exam Platform: ECC Exam Center
- # of Questions: 75
- Certification: Ethical Hacking Essentials
Interested but still have questions? Contact Us!