Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) Course
iLearn Self-Paced Base package includes:
- Instructor led training modules (1 year access)
- Official e-courseware (1 year access)
- iLabs access (6 Months Access)
- Certificate of Completion for each course
- Exam Voucher
To Customize your package click on Select Options,
if you are interested but still have questions, click Contact Us.
The Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) course delivers the security discipline of digital forensics from a vendor-neutral perspective. CHFI is a comprehensive course covering major forensic investigation scenarios and the course enables students to acquire necessary hands-on experience with various forensic investigation techniques and standard forensic tools necessary to successfully carryout a computer forensic investigation leading to prosecution of perpetrators.
The CHFI certification will give participates (Law enforcement personnel, system administrators, security officers, defense and military personnel, legal professionals, bankers, security professionals, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the network infrastructure.) the necessary skills to perform an effective digital forensics investigation.
CHFI presents a methodological approach to computer forensics including searching and seizing, chain-of-custody, acquisition, preservation, analysis and reporting of digital evidence.
CHFI Course Demo
Meet your Instructor:
- The course was designed and developed by experienced SMEs and digital forensics practitioners
- A complete vendor neutral course covering all major forensics investigations technologies and solutions
- Detailed labs for hands-on learning experience; approximately 50% of training time is dedicated to labs
- It covers all the relevant knowledge-bases and skills to meets with regulatory compliance standards such as ISO 27001, PCI DSS, SOX, HIPPA, etc
- The program presents a repeatable forensics investigation methodology required from a versatile digital forensic professional which increases your employability
The CHFI program is designed for all IT professionals involved with information system security, computer forensics, and incident response.
- Police and other law enforcement personnel
- Defense and Military personnel
- e-Business Security professionals
- Systems administrators
- Legal professionals
- Banking, Insurance and other professionals
- Government agencies
- IT managers
Students going through CHFI training will learn:
- Establish threat intelligence and key learning points to support pro-active profiling and scenario modeling
- Perform anti-forensic methods detection
- Perform post-intrusion analysis of electronic and digital media to determine the who, where, what, when, and how the intrusion occurred
- Extract and analyze of logs from various devices like proxy, firewall, IPS, IDS, Desktop, laptop, servers, SIM tool, router, firewall, switches AD server, DHCP logs, Access Control Logs & conclude as part of investigation process.
- Identify & check the possible source / incident origin.
- Recover deleted files and partitions in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Conduct reverse engineering for known and suspected malware files
- Collect data using forensic technology methods in accordance with evidence handling procedures, including collection of hard copy and electronic documents
- Computer Forensics in Today’s World
- Computer Forensics Investigation Process
- Understanding Hard Disks and File Systems
- Operating System Forensics
- Defeating Anti- forensics Techniques
- Data Acquisition and Duplication
- Network Forensics
- Investigating Web Attacks
- Database Forensics
- Cloud Forensics
- Malware Forensics
- Investigating Email Crimes
- Mobile Forensics
- Investigative Reports
What’s New in CHFI v9:
- Coverage of latest forensics examination techniques, including Linux and MAC Forensics
- Labs on Defeating Anti-forensics Techniques, Database Forensics, Cloud Forensics and Malware Forensics
About the Exam
Exam Name: CHFI EC0 312-49
Number of Questions: 150
Test Duration: 4 Hours
Test Format: Multiple Choice
Test Delivery: ECC Exam Portal
In order to maintain the high integrity of our certifications exams, EC-Council Exams are provided in multiple forms (I.e. different question banks). Each form is carefully analyzed through beta testing with an appropriate sample group under the purview of a committee of subject matter experts that ensure that each of our exams not only has academic rigor but also has “real world” applicability. We also have a process to determine the difficulty rating of each question. The individual rating then contributes to an overall “Cut Score” for each exam form. To ensure each form has equal assessment standards, cut scores are set on a “per exam form” basis. Depending on which exam form is challenged, cut scores can range from 60% to 78%.
iLearn Self-Paced Online Security Training
iLearn is EC Council’s online, self-paced option which means that all of the same modules taught in the live course are recorded and presented in a streaming video format. A certification candidate can set their own learning pace by pausing the lectures and returning to their studies as their schedule permits!
This all-inclusive training program provides the benefits of classroom training at your own pace.
Base package includes:
- Instructor-led, streaming video training modules – 1 year access
- Official EC-Council e-courseware – 1 year access
- iLabs, virtual lab platform – 6 months access
- Certification Exam Voucher
- Certificate of Attendance
We recognize that some folks have the background and experience to forgo training, so official courseware is available for self-study. Click HERE to request the self-study exam application form
*Cost includes shipping
Note: The exam runs $650 with $100 application fee.
Introducing the STORM!
Mobile Security Tool Kit
For the past several years we have offered our training on a mobile device so that you can take your training with you and eliminate the need to stream the videos. This device is the next generation mobile device. This is a fully loaded pen test tool kit comes equipped with a custom Linux Hacking OS and, wait for it… we can load your course (or 2) onto the device. In the sage words of Ray Bradbury, “Something Wicked This Way Comes.”
- 64 Bit – Quad Core Mobile System with Case
- 1 GB RAM
- 7 inch touch screen display
- 64 GB MicroSD – Preloaded w/Custom Linux Hacking OS
- 100Mb Ethernet port
- 4 USB ports
- 802.11n wireless
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video
- Camera interface (CSI)
- Display interface (DSI)
- VideoCore IV 3D graphics core
- Full HDMI
- USB 2.0 A to B Micro Power Cable. [The Storm can be powered from a 5V micro-USB source, Power Supply not included with base package.]
- Rollup water resistant keyboard
- Field Case Organizer for all your gear