Network Defense Essentials
Network Defense Essentials is an introductory cybersecurity course that covers the fundamental concepts of information security and network defense. Those who are interested in pursuing a career in information security will learn the various fundamentals of information security and network defense, as well as what to expect in the field of network defense. The interactive labs component of this course ensures that student receive the hands-on, practical experience to give them the skills necessary for a future in cybersecurity.
Learn a holistic overview of the key components of information security such as Identification, Authentication and Authorization, Virtualization and Cloud Computing, Wireless Network, Mobile Device and IoT Device and Data Security. This active learning course ensures that students receive the hands-on, practical experience required to give them the skills necessary for a future in cybersecurity.
- Network Security Fundamentals
- Identification, Authentication and Authorization
- Administrative Controls
- Physical Controls
- Technical Controls
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Wireless Network Security
- Mobile Device Security
- IoT Device Security
- Cryptography and PKI
- Data Security
- Network Traffic Monitoring
Skills and Careers
- Help Desk Technician
- Technical Support Specialist
- Desktop Support Technician
- Cyber Crime Analyst
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Cybersecurity Technician
- Desktop Support
- Desktop Support Technician
- Network Administrator
- Incident & Intrusion Analyst
- IT Security Specialist
- Network Technical Specialist
- Cyber Forensic Specialist
- Intelligence Operations Specialist
- Cyber Operations Technician
Students who successfully complete this class
will be able to:
- Discuss fundamental concepts of network security, including Information Assurance (IA)
principles, network defense challenges, defense approaches, security controls, and
review essential network security protocols.
- Discuss access control principles, terminologies, and models, and describe Identity and
Access Management (IAM) concepts.
- Examine various administrative network defense controls, including frameworks, laws,
acts, and security policies.
- Examine various physical network defense controls, including physical security controls,
workplace security, and environmental controls.
- Examine various technical network defense controls, including network segmentation,
firewall, IDS/IPS, honeypot, proxy server, VPN, SIEM, UBA, and anti-malware.
- Comprehend fundamental virtualization concepts, Virtualization Security Concerns,
cloud computing, and suggest security best practices.
- Explain wireless network fundamentals, different types of wireless encryption, and
suggest security measures.
- Discuss various mobile device connection methods, Mobile Device Management
concepts, common mobile usage policies, examine different security risks, and review
general security guidelines and best practices for mobile platforms.
- Discuss working of IoT devices, application areas, communication models, IoT security
principles, IoT framework security considerations, IoT device management, and identify
IoT security best practices.
- Discuss cryptography techniques, various cryptographic algorithms, and Public Key
Infrastructure (PKI), and use various cryptography tools to protect information.
- Discuss data security concepts, the importance of data encryption, data loss prevention,
and compare different data backup concepts and technologies.
- Discuss the need and advantages of network traffic monitoring, determine baseline traffic
signatures for normal and suspicious network traffic, and perform network monitoring for
- Exam Length: 2 Hours
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice
- Exam Platform: ECC Exam Center
- # of Questions: 75
- Certification: Network Defense Essentials
Interested but still have questions? Contact Us!