Certified Network Defender (CND) Course
iLearn Self-Paced Base package includes:
- Instructor led training modules (1 year access)
- Official e-courseware (1 year access)
- iLabs access (6 Months Access)
- Certificate of Completion for each course
- Exam Voucher
To Customize your package click on Select Options,
if you are interested but still have questions, click Contact Us.
Certified Network Defender (CND) is a vendor-neutral, hands-on, instructor-led comprehensive network security certification training program. It is a skills-based, lab intensive program based on a job-task analysis and cybersecurity education framework presented by the National Initiative of Cybersecurity Education (NICE). The course has also been mapped to global job roles and responsibilities and the Department of Defense (DoD) job roles for system/network administrators. The course is designed and developed after extensive market research and surveys.
The program prepares network administrators on network security technologies and operations to attain Defense-in-Depth network security preparedness. It covers the protect, detect and respond approach to network security. The course contains hands-on labs, based on major network security tools and techniques which will provide network administrators real world expertise on current network security technologies and operations. The study-kit provides you with over 10 GB of network security best practices, assessments and protection tools. The kit also contains templates for various network policies and a large number of white papers for additional learning.
CND Meet your Instructor:
CND With Eric Reed:
Who is it For?
- Network Administrators
- Network security Administrators
- Network Security Engineer
- Network Defense Technicians
- CND Analyst
- Security Analyst
- Security Operator
- Anyone who involves in network operations
- Module 1: Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals Response & Handling
- Module 2: Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks
- Module 3: Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Devices
- Module 4: Network Security Policy Design and Implementation
- Module 5: Physical Security
- Module 6: Host Security
- Module 7: Secure Firewall Configuration and Management
- Module 8: Secure IDS Configuration and Management
- Module 9: Secure VPN Configuration and Management
- Module 10: Wireless Network Defense
- Module 11: Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
- Module 12: Network Risk and Vulnerability Management
- Module 13: Data Backup and Recovery
- Module 14: Network Incident Response and Management
About the Exam
Exam Name: CND (312-38) Exam
Number of Questions: 100
Test Duration: 4 Hours
Test Format: Interactive Multiple Choice Questions
Test Delivery: ECC Exam
In order to maintain the high integrity of our certifications exams, EC-Council Exams are provided in multiple forms (I.e. different question banks). Each form is carefully analyzed through beta testing with an appropriate sample group under the purview of a committee of subject matter experts that ensure that each of our exams not only has academic rigor but also has “real world” applicability. We also have a process to determine the difficulty rating of each question. The individual rating then contributes to an overall “Cut Score” for each exam form. To ensure each form has equal assessment standards, cut scores are set on a “per exam form” basis. Depending on which exam form is challenged, cut scores can range from 60% to 78%.
iLearn Self-Paced Online Security Training
iLearn is EC Council’s online, self-paced option which means that all of the same modules taught in the live course are recorded and presented in a streaming video format. A certification candidate can set their own learning pace by pausing the lectures and returning to their studies as their schedule permits!
This all-inclusive training program provides the benefits of classroom training at your own pace.
Base package includes:
- Instructor-led, streaming video training modules – 1 year access
- Official EC-Council e-courseware – 1 year access
- iLabs, virtual lab platform – 6 months access
- Certification Exam Voucher
- Certificate of Attendance
We recognize that some folks have the background and experience to forgo training, so official courseware is available for self-study. Click HERE to request the self-study exam application form
*Cost includes shipping
Note: The exam runs $650 with $100 application fee.
Introducing the STORM!
Mobile Security Tool Kit
For the past several years we have offered our training on a mobile device so that you can take your training with you and eliminate the need to stream the videos. This device is the next generation mobile device. This is a fully loaded pen test tool kit comes equipped with a custom Linux Hacking OS and, wait for it… we can load your course (or 2) onto the device. In the sage words of Ray Bradbury, “Something Wicked This Way Comes.”
- 64 Bit – Quad Core Mobile System with Case
- 1 GB RAM
- 7 inch touch screen display
- 64 GB MicroSD – Preloaded w/Custom Linux Hacking OS
- 100Mb Ethernet port
- 4 USB ports
- 802.11n wireless
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video
- Camera interface (CSI)
- Display interface (DSI)
- VideoCore IV 3D graphics core
- Full HDMI
- USB 2.0 A to B Micro Power Cable. [The Storm can be powered from a 5V micro-USB source, Power Supply not included with base package.]
- Rollup water resistant keyboard
- Field Case Organizer for all your gear