Python Security (MicroDegree) | PSM
The Python programming language is one of the most popular languages currently in use. In addition to being easy to learn and use, it has large support for a number of areas, from data science to cyber security. This course will teach you the basic and intermediate Python programming, such as data structures, functions, object-oriented programming, and even parallel processing, providing a foundation for any programming project. In addition, practical use of Python within cyber security is also covered, including socket programming, cross-platform scripting, and password cracking.
Starting from scratch, this course will provide everything you need to know to be proficient in Python programming. By the end of the course, you will be able to competently write Python programs for general purpose applications, as well as understand how to apply it for cyber security.
- Chapter 0 : Appendix Python Refresher
- Chapter 1: Working with Python Strings
- Chapter 2: Object Oriented Programming
- Chapter 3: File I/O
- Chapter 4: Databases
- Chapter 5: Automated Testing
- Chapter 6: Creating OS Binaries
- Chapter 7: Decorators
- Chapter 8: Python Collections
- Chapter 9: Parallel Processing
- Chapter 10: Documentation
- Chapter 11: Socket Programming
- Chapter 12: Packet Parsing
- Chapter 13: Cross-platform Programming
- Chapter 14: Python Cryptography
- Chapter 15: Non-Python Language Integration
- Chapter 16: Password Cracking
- Chapter 17: Analyzing Metadata
- Python development for general programming and cyber security applications.
- Basic and intermediate Python programming, including string operations, OOP, file interaction, and database access.
- Advanced topics, including decorators, parallel processing, and generating cross-platform programs.
- Code documentation and report generation using docstrings, Sphinx, and LyX.
- Socket programming and packet capture and parsing.
- Integrating other languages, Python cryptography, metadata analysis, and password cracking.
For people new to programming or the Python language, computer security professionals, and network administrators interested in programming and security application development, this course is for you!
Basic Python experience is expected, though refresher training is available.