PHP Security (MicroDegree) | PSM
Security is difficult to add on to an existing application and the cost of a data breach can be enormous to you; Under the GDPR your company can be fined up to €10 million if you are found to be negligent in how you secure your customers data.
This course will help you to learn the practical skills that you can apply while developing in order to produce a secure web application. It takes a practical approach to security and comprehensively addresses each part of your web application and how it is deployed.
- Course Overview
- Chapter 1: Up and Running
- Chapter 2: Upgrading to PHP7
- Chapter 3: Securing Your Webserver
- Chapter 4: Serverless PHP
- Chapter 5: Defining Security Requirements
- Chapter 6: Leveraging Frameworks and Limitations
- Chapter 7: Secure Database Access
- Chapter 8: Encode and Escape Data
- Chapter 9: Validate Inputs
- Chapter 10: Implementing Digital Identity
- Chapter 11: Enforce Access Controls
- Chapter 12: Protect Data Everywhere
- Chapter 13: Implement Secure Logging
- Chapter 14: Handle All Errors and Exceptions
- Chapter 15: Practical OWASP Top 10
- Chapter 16: Conclusion
- Hardening your PHP configuration
- Protecting against the top 10 web vulnerabilities
- Writing secure PHP code
- Validating user input
- Implementing digital identity reliably
- Enforcing access control
- Securing data throughout your system
- Logging and handling security events
- This course is intended for PHP professionals who want to expand their awareness and knowledge of security principals.
- It will help you to write better code, spot common problems, and use tools that identify problems.
- If you want to advance in your PHP career by enhancing your skills, then this course is for you!
- Ideally you will have at least a year of experience in PHP, but really all you need to get the most of this course is a desire to learn and the willingness to learn.
- The manual includes several links to useful tutorials and information sites for each topic, so if you’re unfamiliar with an area of the course you’ll be able to quickly find more information to help you get up to speed.